Saturday, February 20, 2010

What did I ever do to deserve this!?

We had one of those milestones in our home last month. Paul turned the big 40! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY! Wow I can't believe it! I remember being 20 something and thinking that all the 40 year-olds I knew were absolutely ancient! HOW RUDE!


Someone asked me how he was handling it. They wanted to know if he was having a mid-life crisis. I laughed at this a bit. I can't think of anyone I know who is less likely to have a breakdown than Paul. He is a ROCK. I have been thinking a lot about him this past month and I have asked myself this question.....What did I ever do to deserve this? I married the most amazing man on the planet! I must have done something good in the previous life to deserve such a blessing!


We have been married for almost 18 years now! Since we got married when I was 20 it means we've been together now for almost half of my life. And I'm pretty sure that I spent the other half of my life waiting for him. He is amazing!


HE WORKS HARD (about 80 hours a week) and never complains. He always supports me and the kids in everything we do. He loves us all very much, and he tells each one of us everyday that he loves us. He is kind, and gentle, and thoughtful. He has blessed our lives, even saved our lives, so many times because he honors his priesthood. He has a deep and unwavering testimony of the Gospel.



I know I can always count on him in every way. He is thoughtful of others, and a friend to everyone! He is humble, sincere, honest and loyal. I always tease him that he sees everything in black and white, right and wrong. And even though I tease him about that, it is one of the biggest things I admire about him. He definitely keeps me in line ;)

I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you babe. You saved my life and you know it. Thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for being the one who will never let me down. Thank you for being my ROCK. Happy Birthday! I LOVE YOU FOREVER!

2 comments:

Kim McCann said...

Awwwww...what a great guy! You know you deserve him because you're so fabulous!! :)

Brooke said...

Him is cute. And so are you. Happy Birthday you old freakin dude!!! Love you!
And ya. What KimCan said.