Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BLOG SABOTAGE!!

I'm good at a few things in life, and I struggle with a few others! Computer literacy is one of the latter. Once I learn a program I can hold my own....But, it takes me awhile to get things figured out. This whole blogging thing has been a bit frustrating.


Luckily, I have a built in online tech support. Her name is Brooke Reeves, my little Sis. She is also a professional spell checker! She has spent HOURS with me helping me learn how to navigate and post on my blog. She is very patient about a lot of things....and there are some things she has refused to teach me because she doesn't have all day! Consequently, I have given her my account password so that she can log on and fix some things for me. Soooo nice of her right?!


Well.........my sister is also an accomplished jokester. She is hilarious, and lots of fun to be around. Her humor is silly and sometimes crass (ok lots of times). She takes great pleasure in teasing me. I LOVE IT! Last night I logged into my blog to some surprise posts! One with a title that included a crass reference to a body part, and another announcing an Estate Sale at my home. It advertised that I was liquidating, and everything must go!


As horrified as I was, I could not stop laughing. I quickly deleted the posts and prayed that no one read them yet. I enjoyed reading those posts, but didn't want anyone else to "enjoy" them. After I changed my password and climbed into bed, I thought about some things that I would like other people to read.


I love my sister! She is my best friend. I am so grateful to have her in my life. She brings out the best in me. There are parts of me that only show themselves when I am with my sister. (Most of them naughty parts) We are bonded in a way that I will never be with anyone else. We share experiences that I haven't shared with anyone else. We understand each other in ways that no one else will ever understand.


No matter what happens, we will always be sisters. Nothing can change that. We have been through thick and thin together. We've fought and cried and laughed and laughed and laughed! I am a better person because I have a wonderful sister. I admire her many talents, I envy her ability to be the life of the party and light up a room, I aspire to be as patient with my kids as she is with hers, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her sense of humor!


So to my EBFF I give a big thanks for all of your help starting my blog, and for all that you do for me!


I LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Why do you have to make me cry? That isn't funny.

Thank you for the nice post!! You are my EBFF and I loooove you forever!! I am feeling kind of guilty that I have this bill for tech support and english lessons in my outbox... almost guilty enough to throw it away. Almost.

I seriously don't know why you deleted the "Estate Sale" post... You could have made some serious money! Your welcome.

I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU and I wish we could hang out every damn day!!

Take that picture off FB before I kill you.

Kim McCann said...

Kim, was it really necessary to kiss her butt like that? Do you think it will stop her from teasing you? Are your kids included in the estate sale? I have so many questions. I think I should have had a sister. Damn those 6 brothers. It's just not the same. Oh well, at least I can pretend like I have you two for sisters and live vicariously through you. :)

Brooke said...

Do you guys realize that "damn" was said three times in this comments section?

Also, if she wanted to kiss my butt, she could just pull out the picture she has on her phone of the time I had that giant zit on it. Well it was more like a zit/mole. Now I think it's cancer. Anywho, I needed to show her, to see if she thought it was cancer. You can't even really tell it's my ass. It could have been anywhere really. My back, my face, my leg... it just looks like skin with a mole/zit. It sure is my butt though. Not even really on the cheek. It's more like trying to crawl in a crevass for shelter. Good thing women aren't really hairy, that could have been really gross. Do you think if women had hairy butts they would shave them like they do their legs? I sure wouldn't. Then it would reveal my butt zit/mole. So in the future if you do decide to kiss my butt instead of write me a really nice blog post, you could just kiss the screen of your phone. It would be less awkward for everyone involved.

Kim McCann said...

Well said Brooke. However, now if she chooses to put a different picture on fb and it ends up being your butt (which she sort of alluded to) everyone will know it's your butt. I'm just sayin'. Who cares though, I'm all about not having secrets and just putting it all out there. :)

BerlyD said...

Brooke, Oh My! Thanks for that really long story! You are really beggin for it aren't you?

Kim, You can be our adopted Sis for sure! There is a small fee included.

Vanessa Shannon said...

Cute blog Kim (and Brooke :)... may I have permission to add yours to my bloglist so I can access it easily? I love blogging although I have been a major slacker lately :)

Amy said...

Okay, since I'm going to be your blog stalker now :) I just have to say what a sweet post that was.

I've never met Brooke, but read her comments to you on FB before (yep, stalk there too :) ) and think she's hilarious!! Kim you have such a contagious laugh, so I'm sure the two of you together are way too funny!

Your post totally made me cry. Wish I had a sis! Now I'm having blog and sis envy.