Friday, April 30, 2010

What's in a name?


Dear Hannah Banana, Hammy, Hammersly, Hamster, Hammers, Ham, Hannahoke, Hanney, Lizbeth, Bug, Peanut, Princess, Baby Girl, Preemie,

Why do you have so many nick names? I think it's because you are so freaking cute, and people love you so much, that they cannot stop making up pet names for you! If you are wondering why yourself, just know that it's a good thing.
My Hannah's birthday was March 13th. What a fun day we had! It was ugly and blustery outside, just like on the day she was born. But, It could not have been a happier day. We were able to spend the whole day together as a family.

What can I say about my Hannah. Every time I try and express my feelings for her, I start to cry. This is a tender time of year for me, and I am always reminded of how truly blessed I am to have my little blond girl. I have not yet, and hope to never take for granted one day that I have with Hannah. She is my miracle girl.

Hannah is happy ALL OF THE TIME. I've never known anyone, ever, who loves life as much as she does. Her eyes sparkle and her smile melts hearts and lights up a room. Her giggle will make you stop and laugh, and it's impossible to be in a bad mood after you've heard it. I love to sit in the next room and listen to her giggle at the TV. It just has this way of making me feel like all is right with the world.

She is my little nature girl. She always notices the beauty around her. She loves getting her hands dirty with mud pies, and walking barefoot in the dirt. She stops to smell and pick the flowers, and makes friends with all the bugs and butterflies. She is kind and gentle and loving.

She is a fiercely loyal friend and sister. She loves those in her life deeply. She always says I love you! Her hugs and kisses will make your day and can magically calm any nerves. She is such a grateful child. She always seems to be honestly happy with her circumstances and surroundings. She is quick to say "thank you" and is generous with her compliments. OH SHE IS SWEET!!

I have watched her grow, and grow and grow! She is now at least 1 head taller than every other kid in her class. This is a far cry from the 2 & 1/2 pound preemie that I worried would never make it out of the hospital. She has brought me more joy than I EVER knew I could feel. I would hate to even imagine what my life would be like without her!

I am SO PROUD OF YOU Hannah! I can't believe that you are 9 years old. You bring us all so much happiness and joy. Never stop loving life! I hope that you know how much your friends and family love you. I hope you know how much I love you! Happy Birthday Hannah Elizabeth

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hammersly is SO CUTE and I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!!!!! And she is FUNNY!

Kim McCann said...

It's about time you updated your blog Missy. I almost sent you (and Brooke) a message to say, "Update your damn blogs OR ELSE!" Anyways, Happy (late) Birthday Hannah. She is so much fun! :)

BerlyD said...

Yeah Brooke....update your damn blog!