Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May/Mae is going to be OK

It's been a while since my last post. I have been trying hard to follow my own advice and slow down and enjoy the ride. I have indeed. We are two weeks away from graduation and my 40th birthday. I can't believe it! I am feeling better than ever, (thanks to Dr. Johnson and his total health approach), and I can honestly say I have some hope that I will feel good again! I am going to be OK. I just goes to show, once again, that something you've viewed as a catastrophe can end up being the biggest blessing. I'll share some other thoughts (my story) on this in another post.

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!! Weird I know. I think the key this year was allowing myself to feel worthy of love and appreciation. I had to give myself a "talking to" a few times during the week, but it paid off. I was OK. It was a lovely day. I have an amazing husband, who went out of his way to help me feel loved and appreciated, and amazing children who gave me the best gift I could ever want. They all made handmade gifts for me that incorporated their feelings of love and appreciation for me. I love them so much! I am blessed.

This month has been OK as far as grief and depression go. I think I might even dare say that I am close to being healthy and well adjusted (most of the time). Paul is out of town this week, and I am crazy busy, so I think that is helping me keep my mind off negative things. Ashley Mae's birthday is on Sunday, and for the first time I don't have that horrible feeling of fear and dread. I am a little sad, and I think I might cry on her birthday, (something I have never done since she the day she was born) but it will be OK. It will be good.

I am dreading turning 40 for some reason. I don't know why. Something to do I guess. I have to be neurotic about something. Nothing I can do about it, so bring it on. It was always funny when it was someone Else's 40th birthday.....not so funny now. Im sure it will be OK. There is a bright spot, I got a new puppy for my birthday! Maximus is a teacup Yorkie and he is super cute!! We call him Babydog mostly, but Max was a good "M" name to match the girl dogs. (Meeko and Maggie) He is 14 weeks old and currently about 2&1/2 pounds.

Jake is planning on going away to College in the Fall. He is going to Snow College. It's funny, because Paul and I met and fell in love at Snow just over 20 years ago. We have taken yearly family trips to Sanpete County for most of the Kid's lives, and we have always teased Jake that he HAD TO go to college at Snow. And, he always said NO WAY. Imagine my surprise when he came home one day and announced that he'd decided to go to Snow. I'm pretty sure that there was girl influence involved, but I guess that's OK. I have mixed emotions about it, but I hope he has the time of his life. It was for me. I've had to give myself a lot of "talking to's" about this situation as well. But, I'm starting to feel like it will be OK. I love you Jake, So much.

My girls growing up too. They both are smart, kind, beautiful and fun! Hannah will be going into Jr High next year (6th grade) and McKenzie will be a freshman. I am so blessed to have wonderful, loving daughters! We have a lot of fun times ahead of us. I know that they will miss their brother a lot, but I keep telling them that it's going to be OK, I promise! I'm truly blessed that my children have such a deep love for one another.

 OK.....if I actually write this down, I am committed.....deep breath.....OK here goes! I am writing a book! It's a goal I've had since the 6th grade, and I am going to do it. I am still in the brainstorming/research step of the writing process. I don't know how long it will take, or which direction I will end up going with it, but I am committed to seeing it through. Also, I want to state up front, that I will employ a really great editor/editors. My spelling and grammar are atrocious (this word was originally spelled wrong). But, don't worry, it will be OK. I have connections to some great spellers/writers, and  I have spell check on my computer. I hope that I can write something about my life experiences that will help someone else. But mostly, like this blog, I'm writing it for my children. I feel that my life experiences can be an example to them, good or bad, and help them to have a more joyful life.

There is a theme to this post and it has been my theme for the month of May and for the past few months. "Everything is going to be OK". I can hear the sweet words of President Hinkley every time I think it or write it down. I trust him. I know that when he spoke those words, they came directly from our Savior Jesus Christ. I believe that he is right. Everything is going to be OK.

Happy May/Mae Everyone!




2 comments:

Kim McCann said...

Oh my gosh. I love this. I love you. I have been thinking about you so much lately. Every ounce of this blog post makes me deeply happy. You're right, everything is going to be OK. How could it not be? You have done an amazing job as a mother, it's OK to let Jake go. :) I'm so glad you're feeling well. Good health is so wonderful. :) Good for you on all accounts. Did I mention that I love you? :)

Kimberly said...

Everything IS going to be OK! I want to hear all about this new health stuff! I am so glad you are feeling well! I can't believe how grown up your kids are every time I see them! I love when they stop by and say hi! I also love it when I get to see you! :) I hope you embrace 40 and love it! You are the kind of person who will. You are amazing! I can't wait to read your book. I know it will be fan-freaking-tastic! I love, love, love you! (Maybe more than the other Kim!) Hahaha!