Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No Regrets

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back.
- Katherine Mansfield

I'm making a list of rules to live by. I've narrowed it down to few good keepers, and this last year I added a new one. ~Live a life of no regrets.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what good regret can do me. I like to make lists, mentally and on paper. It always helps me sort things out. When I made a list about the pro's and con's of regret, the con's column filled the length of the page. My pro's column howver, was blank. I couldn't come up with one good reason to justify having any regret.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things in my life that I would have loved to have turned out a different way. I think we all have that list bumping around in our subconscious. But, as I looked down the list of "things I wish could have been different", I could't justify a reason to truly feel regret for any of them.

Because of my faith in my Savior and in my loving Hevanly Father, I am beginnig to truly understand that my experiences in this life are molding me into who I need to be. I am also starting to believe that it's ok to be imperfect. I can see that this process might take me a while, but I have faith that my Savior Jesus Christ has already made up the difference for all of my shorcomings, and throught that faith, I find peace.

Live a life of no regret. Do your best to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ and then let him make up the difference.

My dear friend sent me this Hillary Weeks video. It's a beautiful song, with a beautiful message. Love you Ang, thanks for being my friend.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Look at me seeing this months later! I didn't know you started blogging again. You are so sweet and one of the best mothers I've ever known! I'm glad you're my friend too!